24210 Cedar Creek Lane
Plainfield, Illinois, 60586
Resourceful, results-driven Project and Field Engineering Manager demonstrates more than 20+ years of proven success in CATV and networking support and project management within decentralized, remote, and customer-facing environments. Combines hands-on experience with a foundation of field engineering and employee management to deploy and support IP based products and build strategy, create standards, methodologies, and best practices, and drive process efficiency through multifunctional Field Engineering teams. Recognition for the ability to take concept to completion all while maintaining the budget, target focus and high customer satisfaction. Managed and built a cross functioning top-level engineering team who was able to get jobs completed with the full focus of the customer’s intent as well as the focus of the project management team.
Project Management Employee Management Leadership and Mentoring Team Development
Organization and Structure Salesforce and Sharepoint
Problem Solving RF and IP based CATV
Project Implementation WiFi support/deployment
• Motorola 2007-2013
Horsham, PA – Plainfield, IL
Senior Field Engineering Manager (Remote)
Led team of 12 Field Engineers in support of domestic and international Cable System Operators. Systems included Motorola Broadband Service Router product line (CMTS), Passive Optical LAN (POL), Wireless LAN, DOCSIS Settop Gateway (DSG), and Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) These technologies covered a wide range of equipment and services from CMTS, VoIP, CPE Devices such as Cable Modem/MTA as well as DOCSIS 3.0 and WiFi infrastructures and deployment as well as next generation IP and CCTV and video delivery of cloud based services such as Medios and Merchandiser.
• Reduced internal costs and minimized impact to key customer networks due to product defects, by managing on-site support with minimal overtime and travel expense incurred in supporting 7x24 coverage.
• Reduced travel and support costs by leveraging commercially available IP technologies and introduced "remote support" at a reduced charge and time efficiency that was beneficial to the customer and their core customer.
• Ensured team's continued development and sustainability through varying product and business cycles by cross training of IP and video Field Engineers to support multi-cross platform environments as the technologies of CATV merge through focused cross-training opportunities and continued collaboration with other internal technology teams.
• Proactively identified opportunities for improvement, mitigated risk, and implemented best practices. Lessons learned practice.
• System Integration Project Management
• Technical Sales Support and Management
• Manage all SOW, SLA, and expectations of customers
• Project Management Detail setting timelines, milestones, and deadlines
• Worked with cross-functional teams to deploy and monitor project status
• Motorola 2000-2007
Horsham, PA – Plainfield, IL
Senior Field Engineer and Project Engineer Technical Services
Supported and delivered all IP based products including DOCSIS. Managed and led team projects insuring proper and timely delivery of services and hardware. Conduit between customer and Program Management allowing Field Engineers dedicated focus on task. Scheduled and managed resources mainlining on time delivery within budget.
• High level success rate as Field lead for VoIP, video, WiFi, and data solutions
• Traveled extensively supporting all IP and DOCSIS related deployment/support
• Worked closely with all MSO regions as well as Europe and Asia
• Subject matter expert for all newly released DOCSIS, IP, WiFi related products
• Handled all new projects with Product Management groups.
• Worked with departments to assist and deliver cross platform product.
• TL9000 and legal documentation supporting new technologies.
• Create process flows for launch of new products
• Turn-Key integration of new products and support (Cox, Comcast, Time Warner)
• CMTS conversion for large scale MSO including deployment and support
• Wireless hospitality for city of Philadelphia (Canopy) Las Vegas and college campus
• Continental Cable/MediaOne/AT&T Broadband/Comcast 1997-2000
Network Admin and Call Center IT/Project Coordinator
Managed network service for cable modem group including all CMTS. Responsible for call center equipment including work stations and phones. Included duties were business deployment of high speed data to companies and village offices. Responsible for first 2 way communication headend as well as creating the technical support center for high speed data customers. Trained and implemented first RF/Data versa tech eliminating need for 2 installers.
• Handled CMTS, DHCP, DNS, NNTP, E-Mail, HTML and security for DOS attacks.
• Managed all CMTS and related services across the network.
• Was responsible from CPE to Node to combined plant to CMTS
• Maintained 180 stations for high speed data call center
• Started first business deployment and tiered services agreements
• Worked with local business and local government to provide high speed data
• Managed all trade show events for introduction of new technology
• Trained law enforcement officials on cyber attack and malicious activity
• Trained call center on process flow and resolution
• Continental Cable/MediaOne/AT&T Broadband/Comcast 1990-1997
Senior Field Engineer
Maintained cable plant as a lead line technician which included balancing of line extenders, trunk amps, taps, etc. Responsible from customer premise equipment to headend and combining. Fiber optic splicing and trunk coaxial support as well as power supply and RF characteristics.
• Responsible for large foot print of cable plant which include on-call.
• No more than 2 day line problem resolution.
• Handled all area local outages and line problem issues
• Maintained all cable trunk amps, line extenders, amps, power supplies
• Responsible for schedules and managing field support.
• Custom installations of high impact and high visibility customers.
• High profile installations which include municipality, government, school
• MDU planning and installs as well as rewire.
ITT Technical Institute 1988-1990
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Associates Degree, Electronics and Computer Engineering